August 9, 2009

Faith Deployed Book Review...

Jocelyn Green and a veritable who’s who among the Christian military wife author cohort have come together in Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives. Upon a first thumb through of this book, it reminded me in size and layout of Oswald Chambers’ classic devotional book, My Utmost for His Highest. In that respect, I think that this is definitely a book that will become an instant classic with military wives. It can be placed on your nightstand, in your purse, in your car, or any other place for quick, easy access to these devotionals specifically geared towards military wives.

On the one hand, the collection of devotionals brings nothing new to the table. While the message of many of these devotionals are overly simple and some left me thinking, “Huh?”, there are a few rare jewels within the mix that were so honest and personal. It was these jewels that were the true encouragement for me. On the other hand, the themes and encouragement found in this book are a great conglomeration of the other Christian military wife books and would be a perfect introduction of common issues for new military wives.

However, no matter how many times I’ve already heard it, it’s wonderful to know that the issues that I sometimes feel like I am fighting alone are actually thoughts and emotions that seem to be universal among military wives. Sharing the same struggles as those of the authors makes me further realize that I’m not alone in this sisterhood of military wives.

In the end, I would recommend this book to all military wives. It’s one that you can pick up, open to a random page, and receive a small dose of “daily encouragement,” no matter where your spiritual walk has lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read AND comment! Your support means so much to me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...