August 3, 2009

6/2/08 Love never fails...

God has blessed us beyond our wildest hopes and dreams during our first year of marriage. We were told several times that the first year of marriage would be the hardest. If this past year was "hard," I can't wait to see what's in store in the "easy" years to come!

We both know that our marriage has started out so strong because Jesus is at the center of it. One of the Bible passages read at our wedding was 1 Corinthians 13 (I know...but it's so perfect!). While rereading that passage this morning, I couldn't help but apply Paul's words to my own marriage (in the military).

"Love is patient (when he's late or doesn't know his schedule for the next day because it hasn't been posted yet), love is kind (when he needs a hug and a listening ear after spending a week in the field). It does not envy (the time that he has to spend away from me), it does not boast, it is not proud (to forgive or admit that I am wrong). It is not rude (with sarcastic comments), it is not self-seeking (by putting my wishes to go "home" over his need for me to be by his side for a work event), it is not easily angered (when he isn't able to tell me when we will be moving), it keeps no record of wrongs (forgive and forget). Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth (that he loves me unconditionally). It always protects (our reputation from those who wish to do us evil), always trusts (that he will never leave me), always hopes (for infinite years just like our first), always perseveres (through deployments and other separations). Love never fails (at all...ever...when it is true love)." -1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read AND comment! Your support means so much to me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...