But really, the area if fabulous! We will only be here for another 2 weeks. We knew early on that our stay in Pensacola would be short, so Hubby and I made sure to do and see as much as possible before we left.
- The beach!!! Pensacola, Navarre, Perdido Key, Barrancas Beach (on base). They are all beautiful!
- Downtown Pensacola has great shopping, restaurants, nightlife, community events. I can give you recommendations if you want specifics, but overall, it is a cute atmosphere.
- Downtown Milton has a cute river walk with a few shops and restaurants. If you pop into one of the beauty salons, you might think you've stepped onto the retro set of Steel Magnolias...super cute small town environment.
- Running the chip trail at NAS Pensacola
- Tennis at Whiting Field. That base is dead on the weekends, so you basically have a private recreation area.
- Blue Angels practices at Pensacola NAS (my favorite!!!)
- Running/walking on the Blackwater Trail in Milton
- Shopping at the cute nurseries and garden shops in Pace
- The mall (again, if you can stomach it...it's mostly college kids and teeny bopper stores. It makes me feel old.)
- Naval Aviation Museum
- Take your doggie to the dog beach!
- Brunch at the Officer's Club. They also have great sushi on Wednesdays!
- Shopping at the Destin outlet mall
- Seaside, FL...cute beach town where The Truman Show was filmed. Very picturesque!
- The base gyms are nicer than any you will pay for out in town!
Stay positive and have fun!