August 3, 2009

12/13/08 Dog toenails on a cardboard box...

For those that have ever had the privilege of meeting my precious puppy, thank you for still being my friend! I love my doggie. She is the cutest and sweetest thing ever (of course next to my stunning hubby!). She also happens to be a very strong-willed, spoiled, mischievous thing, who always has to be the center of attention. I think that God is preparing my hubby and me for a child that will be similar in nature.

If my puppy had a child's voice, I think it would be that of a highly dependent toddler. She constantly follows me around the house, and in my head I can just hear her saying, "What are you doing? Watch me play with my toy! Where are you going? I have to go potty! Can I have a cookie? I want to go outside! MOMMY!"

If our future children are anything like the dog, then I recently got a glimpse of possible future Christmases around our household. Hubby and I were working in our study the other night when we heard the strangest sound. We both looked at each other, shrugged, and continued with our work. The noise continued, so hubby got out of his chair to try to figure out where it was coming from.

"Psst!" he whispered at me, looking around the door frame of the study. "Quietly come look."

I got out of my chair and poked my head outside the door. At the end of the hallway, in our big storage closet, was the doggie, hopping up and down around the box that was "hiding" her Christmas presents. What a snoop!

We hollered at her from the study, and she instantly stopped her hopping, plopped her hiney down on the floor, and again I could almost hear her saying "What??" in that perfectly innocent toddler's voice.

Hubby and I put our heads back inside the study, and within just a few seconds, we again heard the sound of dog toenails on a cardboard box. I got up and ushered the doggie out of the closet, being sure to close the door behind me. Later, while she was outside being the neighborhood nuisance, I took the remainder of her Christmas presents and put them in her stocking so they would be off the floor and not a temptation for her.

But...later that evening, hubby and I were watching TV in the living room when we again heard a very strange sound. We looked around the wall partition and found our little doggie hopping up and down on the wall with the stockings. Yes, that strange sound we heard this time was dog toenails on the wall.

Of course the toys had to come out of the stocking as well. I actually can't remember where I hid them this time, but the doggie hasn't found them yet, so I think I'm in the clear for now, until Christmas day comes and she has no new toys! Serves her right for snooping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read AND comment! Your support means so much to me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...