December 12, 2011

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted...

As military wives, we are destined to experience an abnormal amount of heartache. Long separations and deployments leave us with a heart broken by the absence of our husbands and the temporary splitting up of our families. Long days, lonely nights, single-parenting, a solo life, and constantly pushing the “what if” thoughts away can make for a bleak life that yearns for a whole heart amidst the brokenness.

That’s when the Lord calls out to us, the brokenhearted military wives, “[I] am close to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18).

But just saying this isn’t enough sometimes. I need to feel God’s closeness. And as I try to feel Him, He reveals Himself, and I know for sure that He is, in fact, right there with me.

When I heave a big sigh after uncontrollable sobbing and sink into an exhausting peace, that’s when God is pressing my head to His chest, peacefully shushing me.

When I get a phone call, email, or card from friends or family offering an encouraging word or prayer, I know God has spoken to their heart to offer me that simple, yet profound, support.

When I get a wave of hopefulness in the midst of my despair and hopelessness, I know the Lord is near and encouraging me to carry on.

When I can still get out of bed in the morning and rejoice in the blessing of my son, I know God is highlighting His beautiful creation.

The Lord is near the brokenhearted. And I believe He has a special place in His heart for the hurting military wife. Whenever you feel down, take a minute to reflect on how the Lord is making His presence known to you. If you’re like me, you’ll see just how close He is.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Daneilia. It's always my prayer that someone will be encouraged by these posts. God IS faithful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read AND comment! Your support means so much to me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...