May 13, 2011

Keep calm and carry on...


Originally designed in 1939, this poster was intended to be a morale booster in England during World War 2. Its now-famous simplicity has become pop art extraordinaire (and the prominent wall hanging in our living room).

In keeping with the nature of the poster, I will keep this short and sweet: I. Love. It. The phrase packs an optimistic punch, ideal for any (military) family to adopt as its mantra.

Here are some of my favorite images inspired by the original poster. They all make me smile. :) <-- See?  Smiling!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the doxie one! must find it to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just click on the picture to take you to the Etsy shop! Their stuff is so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read AND comment! Your support means so much to me! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...