I have been blessed to know great, Godly women and to have discovered great, Godly authors. One recurring theme from these women is to pray, pray, pray for your husband.
That can seem like a bit of a daunting task. Remember when you were little having a blank sheet of paper placed in front of you and being asked to color something? For those of us that were not born with artistic abilities, it seemed too big a task to even begin. "Can't you narrow it down a little?" I always thought.
I think the same goes for prayer. We all want to pray for our husbands, to color on that blank page, but "can't you narrow it down a little?"
Each man has his own specific needs that need to be prayed for. That's like the teacher telling you, why don't you draw a house? Or how about a butterfly? Start praying for those specific needs.
I also think that each man and marriage should have universal things prayed for. I pray for Hubby's specific needs as they arise, but I am also in constant prayer for "broader" issues.
- Pray that any form of temptation would stay away from your marriage. When/if temptation does arise, pray that you would both be strong enough to resist.
- Pray that your love will continue and mature with each waking morning.
- Pray that destructive, negative thoughts (jealousy, temptation, confusion, etc.) will be shielded from his mind.
- Pray for confidence to always be the leader of the family.
- Pray that God will provide Christian friends and mentors for him.
- Pray that he will be able to properly allocate his time between family and work, and that he will be able to focus solely on each in its proper time.
How do you pray for your husband?