- Marry a man in Marine dress blues. Y'all know what I'm talking about! ;)
- Participate in spouses' day. TBS offered a warrior day where I got to shoot an M-16 and a grenade launcher. One squadron offered a taxi day where I got strapped into a plane and took a little ride around the runway. His current squadron also let me get into his jet, though sadly we didn't go anywhere.
- Meet the Commandant of the Marine Corps. All the married guys and their wives from TBS were invited to a cocktail party at the CMC's home in DC where we got to meet him and snoop through his house.
- Travel to Europe for (almost) free. Yup. We flew to Germany Space-A (click here to read about our experience) and enjoyed a ten day excursion through Germany and Austria.
- Move. As tough as a move can be, we actually enjoy the experiences that a move brings. So far, we have lived in four completely different towns, each of which we have learned to love for their unique qualities. If Hubby weren't a Marine, we would probably live in one city for our entire lives and miss out on living in and exploring all of these areas. With these moves also comes the best friends in the world! It creates a lasting bond with those friends even if our moves take us to opposite coasts.
January 13, 2010
Top 5 most amazing things the military has let me do...
Being a Marine wife doesn't bring too many perks, so when they do come I just eat them up and enjoy every second!