December 29, 2009
December 25, 2009
December 21, 2009
- Workout. I went on a nice long run outside on this gorgeous day. Unfortunately, as I was leaving the base gym, my car wouldn't start...again. But of course, Hubby came to my rescue (though he doesn't know it yet). I went on another long run to the squadron's parking lot, grabbed Hubby's truck, and made my way back home.
- Throw things away. This is a weird obsession I have. I really, really like to throw things away. Pens that don't write the first time? Trash it. Empty shampoo bottles? Trash it. Anything we haven't used in a month? Trash it. After seeing our stuff packed and unpacked too many times, I am always amazed at how much we have (though Hubby swears we're at the bare minimum for survival) and take joy in knowing that that will be one less thing to unpack after our next move. Today I took two plastic tubs filled with stuff to the recycling plant then came home and cleaned out the refrigerator. Wonderful.
- Shop. Seeing as how we live in a small town and our shopping options are Wal-Mart and Goodwill, I take pleasure in shopping in a little-known boutique, commonly referred to by me as My Closet. Today I gathered my back issues of InStyle for inspiration and had a fabulous time shopping in My Closet and creating and modeling (for the puppies) my "new" outfits.
- Read. Again, seeing as how we live in a small town, there are no coffee shops, unless you count IHOP (which I don't). Therefore, my house becomes my own coffee shop to sit in and enjoy a good book. I brewed a cup of tea and continued my reading of Atlas Shrugged. Of course I also read when Hubby is home, but sometimes the background noise of XBOX zombies killing each other deflates the serenity. (Hubby...surely you know I jest! ;) Haha!)
- Piddle. This is another of my favorite things to do. Dictionary.com defines it as "spending time in a wasteful, trifling, or ineffective way; to dawdle." I disagree. I did dawdle around the house today, but with a purpose. I dawdled on in to every room in our house and looked for anything that was left undone. I dawdled into the living room and decided the curtains were too long, so I hemmed them. I dawdled into the study and found an unmailed post card, so I stamped it and mailed it & etc. I get so much done when I piddle! :)
What do you do while your hubby is away?
December 18, 2009
December 16, 2009
Hubby giddily commented, "Whoa! Jane Austen is 234 years old! She was born the same year as the Marine Corps! Cool."
Inspired by Hubby, happy birthday to Jane Austen, who obviously must have some eternal connection to the United States Marine Corps. Cheerio and oorah!
(This picture was all Hubby's idea.)
Flight suit bag? Heck, yes! So cute!
Little girls and tutus seem to be a classic combination! This tutu is especially adorable!
These stamps are a work of art in themselves!
One more fabulous site to visit is Queen B. She makes adorable customized items for baby...perfect for a unique shower gift!